Maximizing Your Turn Signals for Optimal Safety
Why is it Important to Properly Use Your Turn Signals?
Using your turn signals is a key element of safe driving. It is important to properly use your turn signals when driving because it:
- Alerts other drivers of your intentions
- Helps prevent accidents and injuries
- Allows for smoother traffic flow
- Is required by law
How to Maximize Your Turn Signals for Optimal Safety
Here are some tips for maximizing your turn signals for optimal safety:
- Be sure to activate your turn signal at least 100 feet before turning or changing lanes.
- If you are making a right turn, activate the right turn signal, and if you are making a left turn, activate the left turn signal.
- When changing lanes, activate the turn signal, check your blind spot and make sure the lane is clear, and then make the lane change.
- Make sure your turn signals are working properly. If they are not, replace them as soon as possible.
- Always use your turn signals even when no other cars are around, as you never know when another car will appear.
Using turn signals is a key element of safe driving. It is important to properly use your turn signals when driving to alert other drivers of your intentions, prevent accidents and injuries, and allow for smoother traffic flow. Following the tips above can help you maximize your turn signals for optimal safety.
For more information on turn signals and other safety tips, please visit the DMV website.